Darryl and Andrew Marshall have driven their 2002 Ford Falcon ute into the lead of the TSD Trophy competition in Targa Tasmania after a dominant opening day.
The Marshalls, who won the TSD Trophy in 2016, hold a lead of 34 points in the category, ahead of Chris Waldock and Christine Kirby (2016 Jaguar V8 F-Type Coupe R), with Peter Lucas and Angela Coradine third in their 1984 Porsche Carrera, a further 11 points back.
The top five is rounded out by Steve Brumby/Allan Phillips (Alfa) and John Culvenor/Barrie Fitchett (Lotus).
The TSD Trophy is based on achieving a set average speed on each stage, while adhering to a 130km/h speed limit.
TSD TROPHY after Day 1
- Darryl Marshall / Peter Marshall, 2002 Ford Falcon Ute Pursuit 250, 19 points
- Christopher Waldock / Christine Kirby, 2016 Jaguar F-Type SVR AWD, 53 points
- Peter Lucas / Angela Coradine, 1984 Porsche Carrera, 64 points
- Steve Brumby / Allan Phillips, 1999 Alfa Romeo GTV, 105 points
- Glenn Ridge / Oliver Ridge, 2017 Mazda MX-5 RFGT, 134 points